Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Spider War Has Begun

It seems as though my favorite topic lately has been the gorgeous spring weather, and how great it is to feel the spring sunshine, which all continues to hold true. I love this time of year. What I don't love are the critters that are showing up various places. Particularly spiders - I am deathly afraid of spiders and they seem to be popping up everywhere.

I know it is totally irrational, but I see a spider and I freeze. I have to talk myself through the process of killing it. Ok, move your feet to step on it. No shoes - ok, move your feet to get a shoe to kill it with (yet another reason I love shoes). Or, go get the can of Raid and coat it with that. No raid, you can try hair spray, but it doesn't kill them right away. Wow, I'm sounding cruel! I have my reasons, though.

The other day, I was taking a shower, and I looked up to see a spider glaring at me from the corner of my bathroom (way up on the ceiling). I know he was plotting a way to fall onto me and cause my demise... Needless to say, I took the quickest shower ever, and then I got my trusty shoe, climbed on the tub, and crushed him. Only to go out into my hall where I saw two more spiders, also hiding in the corner of the ceiling. Sadly, I could only reach one of them, so the second is still creeping around my apartment somewhere.

So, along with the happy positive thoughts spring brings, I need to accept the critters that come with it as well. Easier said than done when I'm being stalked by an eight legged monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment