Sunday, June 12, 2011

Soles4Souls - check this out

Hello friends! Sorry it has been a while since I wrote an entry, but life has been crazy. Still, it is important to take a moment and fulfill the commitment I set to share my thoughts on shoes with all of my internet friends and followers.

Today, though, I am taking a moment to share a great charity with you. My cousins introduced me to this cause, and being a shoe lover it struck me as such a worthy cause. As I look at my over-abundance of shoes, it is easy to forget those who do not have shoes. I take them for granted, and many people of many ages go through the day in worn out shoes, if any at all. This organization distributes a pair of shoes to wone of these people every 7 seconds. That is just amazing!

We can all help by donating our gently used shoes (the website has donation locations, although I am thinking of starting a donation myself to send to them), or you can donate money. Stop and think about how important shoes are in your life (even if you don't love them like I do), and then think about those who go without.

Here is their website - http://www.soles4souls.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment