Friday, January 6, 2012

Control

My horoscope today:

No one else is affecting your life but you. Do not give other people the power.

What a true statement! It made me think of people who say they are in a rut, or who complain about where they are in life. You need to remember that you are where you are because of the choices you made, which are choices you cannot change. Everyone makes choices that they may have not been the best, but you can make the best of them. If you are not happy, make a change. Don't waste time lamenting past choices you have made - make the right ones moving forward.

It is easier to blame others and circumstances, though, than to make a change (which also equals risk). I can change my life - not anyone else. I can choose to eat healthy and work out, or I can choose to sit on the couch. I can go up to that stranger and say hello, or I can be shy. I can forgive those that hurt me or I can hold a grudge. Everyone has choices and control of their life - the big question is what are you going to do with that power (the wrong answer is give it to someone else...)

No comments:

Post a Comment