Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years

It's January 1st - the day for making resolutions (many of which won't last to the end of January) and reflecting on the past year. We have a general belief in our family that odd years are harder than even years, so 2012 should be a great one! In all honesty, 2011 wasn't that bad, minus a few bumps, which means 2012 can only be amazing!

What will I remember when I look back on 2011? I will remember graduating with my MBA (or at least walking before we finished courses). I will remember my dad having surgery and then quitting smoking cold turkey (yay dad!!!). A fun trip to Colorado with good friends. A random snow storm in October followed by a super warm winter (40s on New Years Eve). An amazing friend and family member giving us a health scare, but coming out unscathed. A good friend's wedding. Hair issues. Lots and lots of blessings. Lots and lots of family and friends and support. Wine nights :-)

It was the year I was supposed to find love. One year ago, my brother-in-law filled out an online dating profile for me (that I never truly activated, because I didn't have the time or energy to make it worth my while). I know, I know, I need to make time for dating. I'm still not activating that account... So I can't add finding my true love to the list of things to remember from 2011 - but you never know what 2012 will bring! Either way, I can add the word love to the list of things that I will remember in 2011 - the love of all of the amazing people in my life.

So as I sit here and remember 2011, I also sit here and think about all of the possibilities of 2012. So my resolutions - I really really really want to run a marathon. My friend and I are going to start training and tackle this together (fingers crossed my knees hold out). That's my big resolution. I also resolve to appreciate all of the good things around me and not focus on the bad. Mindset is more than half the battle. Resolution #3 - take risks. I am definitely guilty of staying in a comfort zone, which is not going to bring about change, and (I know, cliche and all) change is good.

I'm excited to see what this year will bring - how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment