Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gratitude

It's been a frustrating and annoying day. People were snipping at each other, in person and through e-mail. There were some exciting moments, and I was productive, but the people snapping at each other was draining. I can't say I was innocent - I had my share of crabiness, and I am never very good at hiding that. We were all getting hung up on the little things - the details. And nothing was anyone else's fault. In fact, I found out that some things were my fault that I had nothing to do with. I am over it though. My shoulders are broad, and if it makes someone feel better to have someone to blame, then go ahead and blame me.

I'm ending this day feeling grateful. I'm grateful for the chance to have a great dinner with awesome friends. Those friends listened to me rant and rave, and basically throw a tantrum, and then made me feel better just by being there and making me laugh. I can vent about my frustrations, and they don't think any less of me for feeling those frustrations. They make me stronger because they believe in me.

I'm also grateful for my family who supports me no matter what. They take care of me while I am down, and they celebrate with me when I have victories. I wouldn't be me without them.

I am successful, happy, and fairly well balanced, but I can't take credit for all of that. So I'll say it again - I'm grateful for all of my loved ones. Thank you for letting me be me, supporting me, and keeping me in line when needed. I'm blessed, and I'm reminded of that every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment