Friday, July 8, 2011

Horoscopes

I am the type of person who reads multiple horoscopes until I find the one I like, and I assume that one is right, so I prepare for what it says my day will bring. Obviously, I don't put too much faith in these predictions, but I do find them fun (and one horoscope last week told me to buy shoes, so that is definitely my favorite to date). I have to admit, though, there are some times that the horoscope I find strikes me - whether helping me feel better about something or clearing things up for me.

Today is one of those days that my horoscope rang true for me. Yesterday, I thought of someone I haven't talked to in almost 10 years. It is someone from when I first started my career. She was a strong influence for me, but we parted ways and I haven't talked to her in a long time. I know that a portion of the parting, possibly most of it, was because of me. I am sorry that I didn't try harder to keep her in my life, and I hope she is doing well. I was missing her yesterday, but I have no way of getting in touch with her, and I don't even know if she would be interested in talking to me now.

So today, I read my horoscope, and it stated "Going back in time and undoing (or redoing) something you did would be nice, but it's just not possible." Although this is a little negative for an eternal optimist like me, it makes sense. I can't change what happened in the past, but I can send some happy thoughts to my friend, wish her well in my mind, and enjoy (and hold on to) my current friends. I can't change my actions in the past, but I can learn from them and be a better person moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment