What I need to do is start focusing on what I have accomplished lately. I am only one person. I only have so much time and energy (particularly when I can't sleep at night, which makes me tired during the day, vicious cycle, blah blah blah):
- I did manage to clean the disaster area that was my apartment (hopefully that will last for a while).
- My group finished one paper a week early and it's submitted.
- I am more than half way done with the other paper that is due next Monday.
- I remembered to water my plants today.
- I finished half of my to do list for the week, which is half over, so that is good.
- I have been to the gym this week and spent almost twice as long on the elliptical as I usually do.
Ok, now that I have at least made my list of accomplishments I can relax. Everything will get done - it always does. As my good friend has been telling me - Life is Good and This Too Shall Pass. Hopefully that applies to insomnia as well...