Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Whether you think you can or you think you can't

I was at a networking event this morning (shout out to the Rensselaer County Chamber for a great breakfast) that focused on women leaders in business. This event was inspiring, and it was great to hear how women have overcome a variety of obstacles, or opportunities, to be successful in the world. The quote that was repeated twice was Henry Ford's "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right." Although I have heard this before, it is an important thing to remember.

We put limitations on ourselves daily, focusing on what we can't get to, or what we can't accomplish. I'm a believer that if you don't challenge yourself, and believe you can be successful, you won't be able to move forward and meet your goals. You won't go anywhere standing still. Hmm... can I throw any other cliches in here? It doesn't make them any less true.

Another positive note about these networking events - great shoes. I love seeing the spring shoes that everyone is wearing - I saw lots of great ideas for growing my collection/obsession... I'm have to wait until my snakeskin sandles are delivered before I buy any more though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment