Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone! I know that not everyone celebrates Easter, but I am sending love, joy, peace, and hope out to everyone on this spring day. The sun even decided to make an appearance on this spectacular day! It's hard not to feel positive on a day like this.

Easter is also traditionally a time to break out (or purchase) the spring clothes (and shoes). I always love seeing the Easter dresses and cute sandals everyone busts out for the day. I did give in and bought sequened flats for the occasion... I'll have to post pictures soon. It was a little too cold for my peep toes when I left at 5:30 this morning (my parents and I helped out at our church's breakfast before 8:30 mass). So, big surprise, it gave me an excuse to expand my shoe collection. I know... I have issues.

As the grass is getting green, flowers are sprouting, and, best of all, the snow is disappearing, it is a time to celebrate life and all of the joy it brings. Take a moment to let all of those close to you know you care. Reach out to a friend you haven't talked to in a long time. Enjoy this time, and it never hurts to get a little dressed up to celebrate.

My nephew just said to me: "today is going to be fun - I am going to eat and play." I hope you all enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment