Sunday, April 17, 2011

Peeps, Peepers, and Peep Toes

It is my favorite time of year - springtime! It's that time of year that 50 feels warm (as long as the sun is shining), you can start to open up the sun roof on the car, and walks with the dog get longer and longer. I love this time of year - it's full of such hope and rebirth. You see the flowers popping up where the snow was just a short time ago. It is awesome! There is Easter candy gallore in the stores, including peeps. What is it about those sugar-coated bright marshmallows? It is like they symbolize springtime all by themselves.

The other night I heard peepers (and I scared my friend Alison who was driving the car I was in). For those of you who don't know, peepers are little frogs that you can hear when driving by marshy areas. They peep - it is awesome. It means springtime is here and summer is coming! Yeah!!!

On top of peeps and peepers, this time of year also means digging out the peep-toes. I swore I would never wear this style of shoe, but I now LOVE them, and just bought another pair yesterday. I'm not quite ready for flip flops or all out sandals, but peep-toes work, and it is like turning my clothes into a whole new wardrobe just by pulling out these shoes. The shoes aren't even new, but the combination is refreshing and new.

So head outside and enjoy this sunshine and all the smells of the spring. If you have seasonal allergies (like I do), don't let it hold you back. Grab whatever meds help you deal with them and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment