Friday, March 4, 2011

Perspective

Everything in life comes down to perspective. Every choice we make, every opportunity we grab on to, even every risk we take has an effect of who we are, but we also can't take ourselves too seriously. An interesting conversation with friends reminded me of this today.

We can strive to make more money - but when we make the money, will it be enough? At times I feel like I'm running, and everyone around me is running as well, but where are we going? Frankly, this is tiring. Still, I'm striving for my goals, and I will continue to work hard and do the best I can to be the best that I can. It's important, however, to remember that we are specks in the universe, and our time on Earth is minimal compared to Earth's history (my niece's Dinosaur Encyclopedia reminded me all about that fact).

So the question is, what are we going to do with the time we have on Earth? Keep on running? Or stop and smell the flowers (even if it is a cliche)? Even better - stop to help someone else, or stop to make a difference in someone's life? I hope I'm making a difference in someone's life.

Before I was reminded about perspective, I allowed someone to get under my skin and really bother me. Perspective - this person is trying to do their part and I need to support them in any way possible. It isn't personal. Hopefully I can continue to remember this...

So my parting thought - remember to keep everything in perspective and make the most of each day. Help out others and enjoy each opportunity. Don't be afraid of risks - you can't move forward if you are afraid of the uncertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment