Friday, March 18, 2011

Red Friday


I received an event invite on facebook to attend "Red Friday." This is a day to wear red to show support for our troops. The invite came along with a touching story about troops walking through an airport. Not surprisingly, this story brought tears to my eyes. Hopefully, that story was a true account of something that happened. Even if it wasn't, there are accounts like this one every day. Stories of our heroes coming home, and those around them recognizing them for their sacrifice for our country.

Now I'm not going to start a post that is anti-war, anti-military, or anti- anything. I frankly don't care if you are against or for war, and I'm not going to tell you my thoughts on war, current wars or past wars. I just believe that our troops are the ones who make it possible for me to write this post. They are the ones who allow me to go about my business and do what I want on a daily basis. Without our military heroes, we would be forced to act a certain way, do certain things, and obey others without question. Again, I don't care about your thoughts on war; I just believe that our veterans and our current war heroes deserve respect and support.

Their job is harder than almost any other job in the world. They have to make choices I cannot even fathom. I appreciate all of our military heroes, and I respect them for what they do every day. If wearing red on Fridays will help show them this, than I will wear red on Fridays (particularly my red shoes). Who's with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment